← Threads
Spark Plug
Turbo Truth Cars DeskOfficial
· 3 Oct 2026· 2 min read

Gujarat Vehicle Scrapping Tax Concession: Who Gets 50% Off

Gujarat Vehicle Scrapping Tax Concession: Who Gets 50% Off

Illustration generated by Turbo Truth.

Gujarat has approved a 50% vehicle tax concession for owners who scrap older vehicles covered by the new provision. The decision applies to both transport and non-transport vehicles, but the key cutoff is the emission standard the vehicle was manufactured to meet.

Who gets the 50% tax concession?

The concession covers vehicles manufactured to Bharat Stage-I (BS-I) emission standards and vehicles built to standards earlier than BS-I. That makes the provision specifically relevant to owners of older vehicles rather than newer BS-compliant vehicles.

The rule applies across both transport and non-transport categories. In practical terms, the type of use is not the only factor to consider, because the vehicle's manufacturing emission standard is central to whether it falls within the covered group.

  • 50% vehicle tax concession for eligible scrapping
  • BS-I vehicles are covered
  • Vehicles made to earlier standards are covered
  • Transport vehicles are included
  • Non-transport vehicles are included

What BS-I means for older vehicles

For owners trying to work out whether their vehicle qualifies, the important detail is its Bharat Stage classification at manufacture. Vehicles made to BS-I and earlier emission standards are the group specifically identified in the decision.

This means an owner should first establish the vehicle's applicable emission standard before assuming the concession applies. The provision is tied to the standard under which the vehicle was manufactured, not simply to the fact that it is an old vehicle.

Transport and non-transport vehicles included

The decision is not limited to one type of vehicle use. Both transport and non-transport vehicles manufactured to BS-I or earlier standards are covered by the provision.

For owners considering scrapping an older vehicle, the 50% concession is therefore the main figure to check, while the vehicle's original emission standard determines whether it falls within the stated scope.

Does your vehicle fall under BS-I or an earlier emission standard?

0
0 comments

More to read

All news →

0 Comments

Join the discussion

Reading is free for everyone — register (also free) to reply in threads.

No comments yet — start the discussion.